Sunday, November 14, 2010

Amici's

A week or so away I went to Amici's Italian Restaurant for the first time. It was my best friend's birthday and there were about 15 of us there. Walking in I noticed a display case full of homemade canoli, cakes and cheesecake, I automatically said to my boyfriend we should split something so I could have room for canoli.

We had a nice table set up for the party with a few tables so we all had enough room. As soon as we sat down our servers made sure we all had our drink orders in and asked if we needed any suggestions for dinner. There were several dinner specials along with a 3 course option for around $25.  All the food sounded so good and it definitely smelled amazing throughout the restaurant.  There was however a $2 fee to split a meal but considering the portion size it was definitely the best bet.  We tried the eggplant rollitini, which is similar to an eggplant Parmesan rolled into a log.  We also split a calzone with pepperoni.  My favorite part about the meal was their marinara sauce.  It reminded me of grandma's Sunday gravy with chunky tomato bits and hints of parsley and basil. 

After finishing every bite (only because it was so delicious) and being completely stuffed I HAD to try the canoli.  As a kid growing up canoli was one of my favorite deserts.  The mixture of marscapone cheese inside the crispy, flaky shell sometimes with a little bit of chocolate chips..mmm so good!  The Amci's canoli was a little bit different than ones I had tried before, but had a great flavor.  When it came time for the check I was surprised that with tip it was under $30!  I can't remember the last time my boyfriend and I had dinner and desert for under $50, let alone such a huge portion of food.  I can't wait until my family comes to town so I can take another trip there.  Next time I'll be trying their baked pasta. Amici's is a good place for some rustic Italian food.

No comments:

Post a Comment