Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Colorado Buritto Company

With so many places in the St. Augustine area offering types of Tex Mex and taco shops its hard to decide which one to choose.  For my own personal taste I like the Colorado Burrito Company off the World Golf Village exit of I95.  To find this place you almost have to stumble upon it because it is located right next door to a BP gas station and across the street from a Shell, and most people go in thinking it is part of the BP station.  Aside from being a fresh, made to order Mexican restaurant, the one thing that really seperates the Colorado Burrito Company from other area taco shops is that they make Colorado burritos smothered in the regional specialty of pork green chili.  

I myself am not a fan of chili, something about the texture of  beans and I never enjoyed the spices in it, but this pork green chili is something completely different.  It reminds me more of a thick gravy or stew similar to a Verde sauce rather than a hearty chili.  Not really sure what to make of it, the owner suggested trying it over my Big Ass chicken burrito. Aside from the fact that I tried  to be a hot shot and tried the Hot version rather than the Mild, I absolutely loved it.  The green chili added a new flavor dynamic that really separates the Colorado Burrito from a normal burrito from say Moe's or Chipotle.  I suggest that anyone that wants the hot tries it first because it really has a nice bite to it, one that may be too hot for some.

One of the best things about this place is the low prices and the portion size.  My burrito and drink costs around $8.00 and I barley finished eating it all. Aside from a variety of different quesadillas, tacos, burritos and two types of green chili, Colorado Burrito Company offers a children's menu as well as daily specials most running $6.99 including a drink.  I would highly recommend this place to anyone in the mood for fresh made Mexican with a twist.  Also, for those college kids in the area you can like them on Facebook and receive a coupon for free chips and salsa with any purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment